MOD7 HOG Saddle
This is our latest model HOG Saddle with some improvements from the original design. The MOD7 is currently a standard issue item in the US Marine Corps and other various Special Opperations Units.
List of improvements:
1. Opens 1/4" wider than original model. (2 11/16" Open, 1 1/2" Closed)
2. Incorporates a retention button screw to prevent unintentional dissassembly in the field
3. Weighs 15.8 ounces
4. Added cut-outs to the base of the HOG Saddle. These narrow slots better integrate with tripod heads or QR plates that have anti-rotation video pins.
MOD7 HOG Saddle Specs:
· CNC machined from a solid block of aluminum
· Black oxide stainless steel bolt and guide rods
· Hard anodized finish (a resilient surface which serves as an excellent base coat for custom camouflage paint)
· 1/4-20 stainless steel mounting threads and 3/8-16 back up threads
· CNC machined torque knob assembly with retention button screw to prevent disassembly in the field (opens 1/4in wider than previous model)
· Stainless steel noise dampening tension spring
· 1/4 inch thick, recessed urethane pads specifically engineered to absorb rifle recoil and reduce muzzle jump
· Anti-rotation slots to accept tripod QD plates that have video pins
· Superior resistance to corrosion
· Weight: 15.8oz
Showing reviews 1-10 of 30 | Next
Posted by Sully on 26th Apr 2017
great platform and I can use it with all my rifles without having to have special mounts. Very well made and the fit and finish is fantastic. Shadow Tech folks are great to deal with
Posted by RB2 on 3rd Apr 2017
excellent stability - easy set-up
Posted by tommy on 21st Mar 2017
Any real world shooting rarely happens in the prone position, this gem of a product is a godsend, quickly deployable, stable as a bench and rock solid build quality!
It will take any abuse you can throw at it and still perform in any and all weather conditions!
We've put these through the ringer and they're still like new!
Top top class!
Would give 10 stars if I could
Posted by RM Beaird on 7th Feb 2017
My future son-in-law has been wanting this for some time. Fast delivery, wonderful gift. Guys will love this if they are avid hunters/shooters. Bout' time!
Posted by tommy on 10th Dec 2016
Not many words to describe it, it gives enough stability off a tripod for hits on 10" plates at 800m!
If your on the fence about buying one of these, just buy it! It's a purchase you won't regret
Posted by aj on 4th Nov 2016
I have used the hog saddle for about a month now...and it is a great addition to my manfrotto tripod. It is very well built. Makes shooting from standing simple. I do highly recommend using a sling with it, the rubber pads go have a slight give to them and when my 26" varmint barrel gets to moving it takes a little bit to calm in down but with a sling mounted I can twist around leg of tripod applying downward pressure to gun making it very steady. Customer service was great! Great job!
Posted by Unknown on 20th Oct 2016
Easier to use than a regular bipod. The quality service and guidance when I called in and spoke with a former CA dude made the choice easy. Thanks Josh!
Posted by carlos cadiz on 22nd Aug 2016
Discovered if you put a large O-ring between the saddle and tripod it makes a world of difference. The lock up is much more positive .
Posted by boscho on 31st May 2016
Posted by Dave on 23rd May 2016
Money well spent.... Great product. Very well made.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 30 | Next